Apple’s launch of the iPad tablet did not impress many of those who have been eagerly waiting for this device. This device, now dubbed the “Giant iPhone” did not bring the same level of excitement that iPhone brought when it was launched a couple of years ago. The iPad lacks a number of features making the device look very ordinary. Apple had an opportunity make this device extraordinary, but they missed that chance.
Here are the 8 most important features missing in the iPad:
- No SD Card Reader!
- No USB Slot!
- No Multitasking – iPad does not allow multiple apps to be executed at the same time (a $250 net book computer can multitask with ease).
- No HDMI Port – You cannot directly connect the iPad to your big screen TV to watch movies.
- The iPad does not support true HD. The aspect ratio of the display is 4:3 instead of the newer 16:9 ratio.
- No GPS – The iPad does not have a stand alone GPS system. It only has 3G assisted GPS.
- No Built In Camera – A video camera would have made the iPad an ideal device for video chats.
- No Cellular Voice – The top-end iPad with built-in 3G will only support data, there is no support for cellular voice.
I am not suggesting that that Apple should have incorporated all of the above features. But, adding a few of them could have definitely made the iPad more attractive and exciting.