A step by step guide
1. Login to cPanel by entering the user name and password
Your cPanel can be easily accessed using the URL yourdomain.com/cpanel
2. Click on Fantastico De Luxe icon under the section Software / Services
3. On the left hand side of the Fantastico page you will see a section called Blogs. We want to install a WordPress blog. So click on the link WordPress.
4. Click on the link New Installation to create a new WordPress blog
5. Now you are in the WordPress Installation page, in this page you will provide all the necessary information for setting up your WordPress blog.
- Install on Domain: Choose your domain name from the drop down list
- Install in Directory: Leave this field empty. This field is only used when you install your blog under a sub directory. For example, yourdomain.com/blog. But, what we want is to install the blog on the root directory. So that your blog can be directly accessed by typing the URL yourdomain.com.
- Administrator Username: Specify the administrator login id for your website (I usually choose the word “admin”)
- Administrator Password: Specify the password for the above login id. I personally recommend passwords to be at least 8 characters in length. Mixed with alphabets, numbers and special characters such as $, % etc.
- Admin Nickname: In this field you can specify a nick name for you admin login. This is the name that will appear in any articles you write in your WordPress website.
- Admin Email: WordPress will use this email address to contact you. For example if you forgot your password, you can get the password emailed to the Admin Email address. If someone leaves a comment on your article, WordPress will notify you on this email address.
- Site Name: The title of your website. Example, Strathaven Real Estate
- Site Description: A short description for your website. Usually appears in the Title Bar in your browser window. Example, Strathaven Homes For Sale.
After filling in all of the above information, click the Install WordPress button to proceed with your installation.
6. In the next page, you will be notified about the name of the MySQL database that will be created for your WordPress blog along with the URL that will be used to access your blog. Click on the Finish Installation button to complete the installation.
7. Congratulations! You have installed your WordPress website successfully.
To login into WordPress and play around with its features go to yourdomain.com/wp-admin. Type in the User Name and Password and click on the button Log In. Now you are ready to administer your WordPress blog using the WordPress Dashboard.