In a nut shell, the iPad 2 has the following new features:
- Faster, new dual core A5 processor.
- 33% less thinner.
- Lighter than the first generation iPad (1.33 lbs vs 1.5 lbs).
- Has a front facing camera for video chats.
- Has a rear facing camera to shoot HD videos.
- Has HDMI connectivity at 1080 using a special Apple HDMI adapter (no standard HDMI port is present in iPad 2). The adapter will cost you $39. Please note that this adapter could be used with the first generation iPad as well, but the resolution in this instance will be capped at 720.